MLC Life Insurance with Best Doctors for your clients
MLC Life Insurance provides even more value and support to you, your clients and their families through access to the Best Doctors second medical opinion service.
Offering even more value to your clients
Should your client or their family face a mental or physical health condition, there are so many questions and uncertainties – such as, is their diagnosis correct or, are they on the right treatment plan? Through an eligible MLC Life Insurance policy, your clients and their families* have access to Best Doctors which connects them with a network of more than 50,000 leading medical specialists from Australia and around the world for a second medical opinion when they need it most.
MLC Life Insurance is the only Australian life insurer to offer your clients and their families’ access to this service for no extra cost, and they don’t need to be on a claim to use it.
- No extra cost
- Completely confidential
- Don’t need to be on a claim to use the service
- More value for your clients
Great for your business, too
- A strong insurance proposition: clients and their families get extra value from their insurance without making a claim, for use at any time, and they can also benefit from an expert second medical opinion when they are making a claim.
- Engagement and referral tool: 96% of clients who have used the service intend to tell their family and friends about Best Doctors1.
- Available to new and existing clients: any client with an eligible in-force policy can use the service.
1 Best Doctors Quality Survey 2017
Mental Health Navigator by Best Doctors
Mental illness is very common. One in five (20%) Australians aged 16-85 experience a mental health condition in any year2. With these conditions affecting so many people from all walks of life, it’s likely you have a client who is impacted by a mental health condition, whether it is them or a family member. It can be hard to know how to provide support to your clients during this difficult period.
Mental Health Navigator by Best Doctors is a service that empowers and supports your clients and their families with a clinical review of their diagnosis and treatment plan, sourcing a specialist from a network of leading Australian clinical psychologists and psychiatrists, all from the comfort of their own home.
2 Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2009). National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing: Summary of Results, 4326.0, 2007. ABS: Canberra.
How does it work?
Mental Health Navigator offers your clients:
- An expert clinical review of their mental health diagnosis and treatment plan
- Quick, virtual access to a network of multi-disciplinary expert clinicians without the need for a face-to-face visit
- A direct and consistent contact to guide and support them throughout the entire process, and
- Support to help them get back to a normal lifestyle and return to work where possible.
Who has access to Best Doctors?Visit our Best Doctors page to find out who has access.
Frequently asked questionsIf you still have questions about Best Doctors view the Best Doctors FAQs.
Important informationBest Doctors is available to eligible MLC Life Insurance’s customers, as well as their immediate families including children, parents, partner and partner’s parents. For mental health, it is only available if you are over 18 years of age.
Best Doctors services are not available for acute care (emergency room) cases or dental conditions.
Best Doctors and MLC Limited do not pay the costs for medical treatment, travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
Best Doctors® isn’t insurance (including health insurance) and it doesn’t replace your relationship with your current doctor or medical specialist. MLC Limited reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time or to change the terms on which the service is provided to customers. If your insurance is held within the MLC Super Fund, the Trustee also reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time.
MLC Limited ABN 90 000 000 402 AFSL 230694 (the Insurer) uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies. Any references to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means MLC Limited.