At MLC Life Insurance, protection is our promise. We are looking at new ways to ensure your customers have valuable life insurance that meets their needs both now and in the future.
Over the past 18 months we’ve:
- introduced our digital underwriting platform
- enhanced our underwriting rules around BMI, and
- seen the expansion of the Best Doctors services with the introduction of Mental Health Navigator.
These changes are part of our long-term vision to become Australia’s leading and most trusted life insurer. Your clients can benefit today from our investment in this vision, through the launch of our enhanced medical definitions and policy terms across MLC Insurance, MLC Insurance (Super) and MLC Insurance (Wrap or SMSF).
We regularly review our policy terms and medical definitions to help ensure we are aligned with contemporary medical practice and community expectations. As a result of these reviews, we identified an opportunity to enhance policy terms, upgrade 18 definitions and add three new critical illness conditions to our MLC Insurance product suite.
Our Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), Critical Illness (CI) and Income Protection (IP) covers on MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) and MLC Insurance (Wrap or SMSF) will all be improved through our enhancements.
How it works?
Our TPD, CI and IP covers on MLC Insurance, MLC Insurance (Super) and MLC Insurance (Wrap and SMSF) will all be improved through these enhancements.
When do enhancements take effect?
The product enhancements take effect from 16 April 2019 and will automatically apply to any conditions or events that start or take place after 16 April 2019.
Do existing customers need to do anything?
Existing customers don’t need to do anything. These enhancements will automatically apply to their policy.
Changes to premiums
Whenever we improve the terms of a type of insurance your customer has chosen, and this does not increase premiums, we will automatically apply the enhancements to their policy.
Is there a new PDS?
Yes, we have issued a new SPDS and application forms for MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) and MLC Insurance (Wrap and SMSF).
For more information please read the relevant product SPDS or our Frequently Asked Questions
New Supplementary Product Disclosure Statements (SPDS) and application forms
- MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) SPDS
- MLC Protectionfirst SPDS
- MLC Personal Protection Portfolio and MLC Life Cover Super PDS
- MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) Definitions Upgrade Adviser FAQs - Effective from 16 April 2019
- MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) Customer Upgrade Flyer - Effective from 16 April 2019
- MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) Customer Upgrade Brochure - Effective from 16 April 2019
Want to know more?
Please enter your details below for more information or to register for one of our upcoming webinars which outline the medical definitions and product term upgrades.