From 28 April, the new MLC Life insurance Adviser Portal is replacing Riskfirst and AdviserOnline for new business. The Adviser Portal will provide access to existing policies for:
- MLC Insurance (MLCi)
- MLC Insurance (Super) (MLCi(S))
- MLC Protectionfirst, in-force since Feb 2002
To access the new Adviser Portal, you’ll receive your new login details in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org on 28 April.
Adviser Checklist to be completed by 3pm (Melbourne/Sydney time) Friday 24 April
Riskfirst – Quotes, applications and underwriting cases
- Finalise any open quotes before 3pm Friday 24 April as they’ll not be available and will have to be recreated in the new Adviser Portal.
- Save and/or print a PDF copy of any existing quote records you wish to retain, as they’ll no longer be available on the new Adviser Portal.
- Complete underwriting cases before 3pm Friday 24 April. Incomplete underwriting cases may experience delays of up to two weeks.
- Submit outstanding applications before 3pm Friday 24 April as they’ll not be available and will have to be recreated in the new Adviser Portal.
AdviserOnline – Correspondence (statement and letters)
- Save and/or print a PDF copy of any MLCi, MLCi(S) and MLC Protectionfirst historical correspondence you wish to retain as they’ll not be available on AdviserOnline or on the new Adviser Portal as of 28 April.
Business Freeze (All times are Melbourne Sydney time)
- Riskfirst will be unavailable from 3pm Friday 24 April.
- Quoting and applying for MLCi and MLCi(S) products will not be available from 3pm Friday 24 April until Tuesday 28 April on the new Adviser Portal.
- Access to existing MLCi, MLCi(S) and MLC Protectionfirst (in-force since Feb 2002) policies will not be available from 3pm Friday 24 April until Tuesday 28 April on the new Adviser Portal.
- All Tele-Applications and MyLink application methods in Riskfirst remain closed and will re-open in the new Adviser Portal from Tuesday 28 April. Bookings for Tele-Underwriting will resume from Tuesday 5 May.
- On Monday 27 April, the Contact Centre will not be receiving incoming calls on our adviser and customer lines – these will reopen at 8.30am on Tuesday 28 April.
On the new MLC Life Insurance Adviser Portal, you can:
- View client details and their policies
- Generate a pre-assessment
- Complete common quotes quickly and apply for new business
- View a client’s outstanding underwriting requirements
- Check the status of an application
- View a client’s policy messages and retention dashboard
- Upload documents to support applications
- Update adviser details
- Subscribe to data feeds for third parties e.g. X Plan
- Generate reports
- Obtain Certificates of Currency directly online
Improvements to the way we work together
New and improved data feeds to help you service client policies more easily
The new insurance data feeds will improve your client management capabilities enabling you to better service your existing clients. It will provide enriched data and information with up to 45 new insurance data fields, including additional information such as loadings, commencement date, beneficiaries and exclusions through yourclient management systems such as Xplan and Coin.
Two-step verification providing extra security
We’ll introduce two-step verification to safeguard your practice against unauthorised access to your clients’ information on the new Adviser Portal. A security code will be sent via SMS to the mobile number registered against your existing Adviser Code when logging in for the first time.
New Adviser Codes to write and maintain business
On 28 April, you’ll receive new MLC Life Insurance Adviser Codes to write and maintain business with us for MLCi and MLCi(S). You’ll also be able to access client and policy information for MLC Protectionfirst products, in-force since Feb 2002. Your existing Adviser Codes will be retained for writing business for all other insurance, superannuation and investment products.
A dedicated Adviser Services team available on 13 65 22
A new dedicated MLC Life Insurance Adviser Services team will assist you with all enquiries relating to commission, codes, onboarding/offboarding and other practice management requirements for the following MLC Life Insurance products:
- MLC Insurance
- MLC Insurance (Super)
- MLC Protectionfirst, in-force since Feb 2002
Contact this team from Tuesday 28 April on 13 65 22 between 8:30am and 6pm (Melbourne/Sydney time) on Monday to Friday.
Superannuation and investment products remain with NAB’s MLC (Super & Investments). Please continue to contact them on 13 36 52 between 8am and 7pm (Melbourne/Sydney time) on Monday to Friday.
Download and order MLCi and MLCi(S) PDS from mlcinsurance.com.au
We’re amending our MLCi and MLCi(S) PDS to reflect the changes to our contact details. From Friday 24 April, you will no longer be able to order them via EasyOrder. From Tuesday 28 April you’ll be able to download and order the updated PDS here.
These changes will pave the way for MLC Life Insurance to be a digitally enabled life insurer, providing better experiences for you and your clients.