Child Critical Illness insurance provides you with the financial support to help you concentrate on the important things in life – your child and their recovery.
What is Child Critical Illness insurance?
With Child Critical Illness insurance, you’ll receive a one-off payment that can help lighten the financial pressures, allowing you to focus on your child’s recovery.
With Child Critical Illness insurance you also have access to Best Doctors, a valuable free service that connects you to leading specialists who can provide a second opinion about your child’s diagnosis and treatment plan.
- A one-off payment the first time your child suffers a critical condition, or if your child dies
- If we have paid a one-off payment of $100,000 or more, we’ll reimburse the person you have nominated up to $5,000 for the cost of a financial plan from a qualified adviser
- Access to Best Doctors, a specialist medical information service
How does it work?
You’ll receive a one-off payment if your child is diagnosed with a critical condition for the first time, or if they die.
Cover amounts are available from $10,000 up to $200,000 per child.
This payment can help to replace lost income so you can take time off work to care for your child, pay for unplanned medical expenses, or if the worst happens, take time to grieve.
You can choose to pay your premiums as:
- Stepped – as you get older, your insurance premium will vary each year and your benefits will remain the same
- Level – your insurance premium does not go up by age-related increases and your benefits will remain the same
Regardless of whether you choose stepped or level premiums, when you renew your insurance each year your premiums may vary due to rate increases, Consumer Price Index (CPI) increases, policy fee increases or if you add additional insurances to your policy.
Child Critical Illness insurance is available outside of super when a parent/guardian has their own MLC Life Insurance policy with one of the following insurances: