Introducing your new Customer Experience
Since we became a member of the Nippon Life Group of Companies in 2016, we’ve been making a significant investment in our technology, infrastructure and support services to better serve you, our advisers, superfund clients and their members.
As part of this investment, we’re introducing a new MLC Life Insurance Customer Portal at mlcinsurance.com.au. From 28 April, this secure and simple online experience will provide you with quick and easy access to us whenever you choose.
A new Customer Portal
This new online experience will offer you direct access to your policies if they fall under these products:
- MLC Insurance – Policy no. starting with 9
- MLC Insurance (Super) – Policy no. starting with 9
- MLC Protectionfirst, obtained from Feb 2002 – Policy no. starting with 8
On the new Customer Portal, you can:
- View your policy details
- Update your payment details
- Add, edit or remove beneficiaries
- Generate a Certificate of Currency
- Download Income Protection Tax Statements from 30 June 2020
- View and update your personal details including mobile phone, email and address details
- View all correspondence from 28 April 2020
- View payment history for premiums paid after 28 April 2020
Get access to the portal with a new Customer Number
Use your Customer Number as your username when logging in to the portal.
You’ll receive your new Customer Number in an email in May. If you’d like access prior to receiving your email, you can contact us on 13 65 25 to request your Customer Number. We’ll ask you a few questions as part of a routine security check.
MLC Insurance and MLC Insurance (Super) policy information will no longer be available on MemberOnline. However, you can still access other MLC Life Insurance, Superannuation or Investment policies as you do today on MemberOnline at mlc.com.au.
Logging in for the first time to your new portal
You can login to your new MLC Life Insurance Customer Portal by following these four steps:
- Visit mlcinsurance.com.au
- Click “Login” in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Enter your Customer Number as your username
- Enter the one-time password sent via SMS to your mobile phone
- Create a new password
If you don’t receive a one-time password via SMS, please contact us on 13 65 25 to update your mobile number. We’ll ask you a few questions as part of a routine security check.
New customers from 28 April 2020
You’ll receive your Customer Number and login details automatically as part of your welcome email/pack.
Benefit from our improved security measures
Keeping your personal information safe is important to us. To improve security, we’re introducing a two-step verification process when first logging in to the Customer Portal by sending a one-time password to your registered mobile number.
We’re also increasing security measures by password protecting sensitive underwriting and claims correspondence sent via email. To view these correspondences, you’ll be required to enter a password delivered via SMS to your registered mobile number. This password is issued to you within 15 minutes of the correspondence being sent.
If you don’t receive the SMS, you’ll need to call the MLC Life Insurance Customer Contact Centre on 13 65 25.
Changes to payment options
If you pay via Direct Debit – Our Direct Debit banking codes have changed. You don’t need to do anything but may notice our Direct Debit ID 534289 on your bank statements. If you pay by Direct Debit, current payment arrangements won’t be affected by this change.
If you pay with BPAY – You can now find our new BPAY Biller code and Reference Numbers displayed on your payment notice. Please use these new details to avoid payment rejection.
If you’ve recently received a payment notice, please continue to use the same BPAY Biller code and reference number displayed.
Access to MLC Online
MLC Online is your secure site to access and manage your MLC Life Insurance policy any time of day.
- Access information about your policy (eg your benefits and waiting periods)
- Access forms and product information
- Update your personal details
- Update your beneficiary
- Access information about your premium
- Add or remove an adviser
How to register
Click the ‘register now’ link below to complete the online registration form and we’ll email you a temporary password.
To register, you’ll need your customer number. If you’re not sure what your customer number is call us on 132 652.
How to login
- Click the ’Login’ button on this page
- Enter your username (this will be either your email address or your customer number) and password
- Click ’Login’
Once you have logged into your MLC Online, you can update your username to something else by clicking on ‘Preferences’, ‘Edit’ and then ‘Add user name’.
Forgot your password?
Complete the online form to receive a new temporary password by email or SMS. If you haven’t provided us with an email address or mobile number, please call us on 132 652.