Facing a medical challenge can be stressful, you could be faced with uncertainty – asking questions like; is my diagnosis correct? Am I on the right treatment plan? Should I have surgery?
If you or a family member is dealing with illness, or a chronic or serious condition, you can use Best Doctors to help get answers.
A valuable medical second opinion for you and your family
With an eligible policy from MLC Life Insurance, you and your family get access to Best Doctors which connects you with a network of over 50,000 leading medical specialists from around the world. It offers a second opinion when you need it most, helping you get the right diagnosis and treatment plan. You can use Best Doctors at anytime, anywhere, as often as you need for no extra cost.
The Best Doctors service is completely confidential. Best Doctors won’t share their findings with us and your use of the service won’t affect the assessment of a claim. We will not seek any information from Best Doctors.
Enjoy real value and support from your insurance that you can access today – not just when you’re making a claim.
- Available to you and your family (your children, parents, partner and partner’s parents).
- You don’t have to be seriously ill – you can use the service for an injured knee, migraine, a food intolerance or another condition.
- Help with a wide range of conditions*, from minor to major with specialists in over 450 areas of medicine.
- Leaders in their medical field, nominated by doctors.
- Expertise and knowledge of an independent specialist helps you and your treating doctors agree on the best way forward.
You can use Best Doctors whenever you need advice on medical concerns.
* Best Doctors services are not available for acute care (emergency room) cases, dental and mental health conditions.
Services offered through Best Doctors
- Best Doctors will provide fast answers to general medical questions.
- When you login to Best Doctors, you’ll post a question to a Best Doctors panel of Australian doctors. They‘ll respond quickly to simple questions.
- Within 48 hours.
Find an expert
- Best Doctors will find you a local expert for your condition.
- Best Doctors will search its network of Australian doctors to help you locate the right practitioner, for your condition, in your local area.
- Within 48 hours.
Ask an expert
- Best Doctors will provide you with a leading specialist to give answers to specific questions about a medical condition.
- A Best Doctors nurse will discuss your condition with you, collect your basic health history and help you identify key questions. Your medical info and questions are then sent to a leading specialist in the field, selected from the Best Doctors network of experts who’ll provide detailed answers to your questions.
- 5 to 7 business days.
In-depth medical review
- Best Doctors will provide a full review and analysis of your specific condition.
- Best Doctors will collect your medical records, identify key questions and, if appropriate, request a retest of your pathology results. The Best Doctors medical team will select one of their leading specialists to complete an in-depth medical review. You’ll receive a comprehensive report that analyses your diagnosis and details treatment options.
- 15 to 20 business days (after collecting medical records).
- If you just want information on an illness, injury or type of treatment, Best Doctors has a host of online tools providing unique insights and guidance on hundreds of conditions.
- Visit askbestdoctors.com to register.
How to access Best Doctors services
or call Best Doctors Hotline on 1800 186 088
between 9am and 5pm (Melbourne/Sydney time), Monday to Friday.
Discover how Best Doctors has been helping our customers, and their families, find help and guidance when they need it most.
Who has access to Best Doctors
If you have one of the following insurance products
- MLC Insurance
- MLC Insurance (Super)
- MLC Personal Protection Portfolio
- MLC Life Cover Super
- MLC Protectionfirst range
- MLC Term Insurance
- MLC Income Protection
- MLC Income Protection Plus
- MLC Business Expenses
Call 132 652 to check if you have access to Best Doctors or to find out more.
If you have one of the following insurances through your super or employer
- MLC Group Salary Continuance
- MLC MasterKey Business Super (for members with Income Protection)
- MLC MasterKey Super Fundamentals (for members with Income Protection)
- Plum Super (for members with MLC Income Protection)
Contact your employer or super fund to check if you have access to Best Doctors or to find out more.
If you have one of the following NAB products
- NAB Essential Life
- NAB Essential Critical Illness
- NAB Essential Injury
- NAB Essential Accidental Death
- NAB Credit Card Cover
- NAB Mortgage Protect
- NAB Personal Loan Cover
Call 132 295 to check if you have access through your NAB product or to find out more.
Frequently asked questions
If you still have questions about Best Doctors view the Best Doctors FAQs.
Best Doctors and MLC Limited do not pay the costs for medical treatment, travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
Best Doctors® isn’t insurance (including health insurance) and it doesn’t replace your relationship with your current doctor or medical specialist. MLC Limited reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time or to change the terms on which the service is provided to customers. If your insurance is held within the MLC Super Fund, the Trustee also reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time.
MLC Limited ABN 90 000 000 402 AFSL 230694 (the Insurer) uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies. Any references to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means MLC Limited.